Refer A Child
Interested in becoming part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family?
Know someone you’d like to nominate for the program?
Use this information as a guide.
Do you know a child or youth who has great potential and needs an opportunity? Nominate him or her to join our program and become a part of the Boys Hope Girls Hope family network. Use this information as a guide.
- Current 8th or 9th grade student
- Reside within the 5 boroughs of New York City
- Facing barriers from your household, neighborhood, and/or income status
- Hold an 80 or above GPA (other candidates may be considered)
- Capacity to thrive in an academically rigorous setting and complete challenging coursework
- Desire to attend and graduate from a 4-year college
- A leader in the making who seeks to improve yourself and your community
- Willingness to adapt to our family-like environment and embrace high expectations for pro-social behavior
- Demonstrated readiness on the part of the guardian to collaborate with program personnel and accompany their child on the journey to academic achievement and personal growth
Parents/Guardians as Partners
Partnership with parents and guardians is essential to the Boys Hope Girls Hope program. Scholars who join the program are expanding their family to include us, and the best support systems include biological and adoptive families, BHGH staff, and mentors from the community.
Although Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York is not a traditional family service agency, many parents and guardians benefit from services provided by the program, including information on, and referral to, community resources, parenting guidance, crisis intervention and informal counseling.
As a parent or guardian, please contact email@example.com for information regarding your relationship with and expectations from Boys Hope Girls Hope.