2019 TCS NYC Marathon
On your mark. Get set. GO!
Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York was named a first-time Official Charity partner in the 2019 TCS NYC Marathon! The New York City Marathon has grown from a Central Park race with 55 finishers to the world’s biggest and most popular marathon, with more than 52,000 finishers in 2018.
As a Community Level Partner, Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York is guaranteeing entry to (5) runners who pledge to fundraise on behalf of our organization. Sign up to run, or visit our runners’ CrowdRise pages to help them meet their fundraising goals and support our scholars!
Help our runners meet their fundraising goals!
Sunday, November 3, 2019
Runners on the BHGH of NY team are all awarded “swag bags” the day prior to the race, which include:
- Personalized team shirt
- BHGH water bottle
- BHGH coffee mug
- Handwritten notes from our scholars expressing their gratitude for bringing awareness, raising money, and running on behalf of our organization.
If you are interested in running on behalf of our organization, please contact Chelsea Pittman at email@example.com
Success Fast Facts
- Average class GPA is an 80 or above (Grades 9-12)
- 100% of scholars accepted into 4-year colleges and universities (Class of 2018)
- Nearly 10 million dollars earned in college scholarships and grants (Class of 2018)
- 95% of scholars had their full financial need met for college (Class of 2018)
Who We Serve
We serve academically capable and motivated youth in need. Need includes any external force that would prevent a highly capable child of reaching his or her full potential.
- 81% Black (African-American, West Indian, African)
- 19% Latinx/Hispanic
- 75% First-generation American
- 79% First-generation college going
Who We Are
One of 16 affiliates across the United States and Latin America, Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York helps academically motivated high school students rise above disadvantaged backgrounds and become college-educated, career-ready, community-minded leaders.
Our goal is to graduate young people who are physically, emotionally and academically prepared for post-secondary education and a productive life, breaking the cycle of poverty. BHGH of New York utilizes the following elements to achieve our mission:
- Academic excellence
- Service and community engagement
- Family-like settings to cultivate youth empowerment
- Long-term and comprehensive programming
- Faith-based values
- Voluntary participant commitment
Boys’ Residential Hall and Staff Offices:
367 Clermont Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11238
Girls’ Residential Hall and Staff Offices
1377 Brooklyn Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Phone 718.638.1100 ext. 2257 (Development Office)
Check us out on Social Media or Email us: